There are a variety of ways to use Macaroni Kid as your go-to, local, family resource!
1. Subscribe: Macaroni Kid is a website and an e-newsletter. Our e-newsletter is distributed (FREE) every week and subscribers receive it in their email inbox so they don't have to remember to check our website for new content and updated events.
2. Events: You will find a list of Today's Events at the top of the homepage. These events link to our Event page, which is one of our most popular features. It outlines the most comprehensive list of kid and family activities happening locally. Check back often, as we're always adding new activities as we come across them! Look at events on a particular day, or take a glimpse at a week or even a month coming up to see how you may want to plan ahead for events.
3. Guides: At the top of the homepage is a "Guides" tab containing seasonally-appropriate information compiled for easy reference. We are currently working on a Birthday Party Guide, so stay tuned!
4. Past Articles: If you would like to look back at previously published articles, you can use the Search function at the top of the website. You can also look for past articles by searching on the Articles page.
5. Calendars: The "iCalendar" and "Google Calendar" buttons appear below each event listing so you can easily incorporate them into your family's schedule.
6. Business Directory: The Business Directory is a great resource for local families and includes several local businesses (some even offer specials for Macaroni Kid readers!). It can be found via the tab at the top of the homepage.
7. Sponsors: Please support our sponsors. They make it possible for us to offer this website and e-newsletter as a FREE community resource. Each local ad is approved and added to the page by me, so I can assure you that they are safe to click through. Of course any transactions between you and the advertiser are the responsibility of the two parties involved and not myself or Macaroni Kid. Visit the sponsors and tell them you saw them on Macaroni Kid Johnson-South Indy!
8. Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest: Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter where we post changes to event information when they occur, specials from local businesses, giveaway announcements, and parenting inspiration.
9. Share with Others: Please share Macaroni Kid with your family and friends. Most parents are looking for ideas to keep their kids busy or ways to enjoy family time together. So forward our email to your friends, post our link on your Facebook page and spread the love!
10. Submit an Event: Use the "Submit an Event" button found on the bottom of the Events page to send us information on an event in our area that you don't yet see on the calendar.
11. Tweens & Teens: Macaroni Kid isn't just for the younger crowd. We search for events going on in the area for all ages. Keep those teens busy too! We also periodically publish articles that pertain to a variety of ages or are teen-specific that we can share with parents.
12. Giveaways: Macaroni Kid is always trying to bring you great giveaways. Not only are they fun, it's great to get something for free! We've held giveaways for Touch-A-Truck, Indianapolis Indians, theater performances, hair salons and more!
13. Become a Sponsor: Advertise with us and reach your target audience - local families. We can customize an advertising package to work with your needs and your budget. Send me an email and I can answer any questions you have and send you more information. Our sponsors are what allow us to provide this incredible free resource for parents.
14. Traveling: If you are away on business, vacation or visiting friends in another city, make use of other Macaroni Kid sites to see what there is to do. There are more than 500 editions nationwide. Simply go to macaronikid.com and choose the state you will be in and the dropdown box will show all the choices you have.
Macaroni Kid Johnson-South Indy publishes a free weekly e-newsletter that informs parents of family events and activities especially for kids in Johnson County, Indiana and on the south side of Indianapolis. This includes the communities of Southport, Homecroft, Greenwood, Franklin, Center Grove, Whiteland,Trafalgar, and surrounding areas.